Design and Development Engineer
Job Title | Design and Development Engineer
Job Description | Provide Mechanical Engineering support to the design, development, testing, manufacture, deployment and operation of new and existing products.
Location | Aberdeen
Responsible to | Andrew Jaffrey, CTO
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering required, degree preferred.
- At least 5 years working in subsea-related engineering design, with awareness of appropriate standards and practices common across the subsea industry.
- Familiarity with ROV interfaces and operations is helpful.
- Familiarity with machining and fabrication tools and methods is highly desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of 3D CAD tools (ideally SolidWorks) and proven track record preparing design models and detailed drawings.
- Well-developed competence across range of Microsoft tools, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with rendering CAD models in support of marketing material is advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking concepts and developing them into fully realised, detailed engineering drawings and Bills of Material ready for third party manufacture. Note – the principle design requirement is for machined parts, but experience/familiarity with sheet metal and fabricated part design and associated CAD tools is a great advantage.
- Producing technical documentation, including calculations and reports, to support design decisions.
- Helping devise, build and conduct in-house and third-party tests (including the test apparatus as necessary).
- Interacting with the supply chain to source, assess and recommend parts, tools and services.
- Using imagination and creativity to identify areas for improvement across the company’s products and operations.
- Using experience to help solve design and operational challenges.
- Designing, building and testing prototype parts and equipment as required (including 3D printing new parts and tools).
- Supporting sustaining engineering processes as required.
- Providing support to Business Development team as directed.
Personal Qualities Required
- Must enjoy variety - Sentinel is a growing company that relies on everyone wearing multiple hats during the course of a working day.
- A track record of successful projects should be demonstrated, with the following skills evident: multitasking, good attention to detail, creative thinking, customer focus, communication skills, analytical thinking, team working, drive and decisiveness.
- Strong lateral thinking and problem solving abilities.
Health and Safety
- Work with the rest of the Sentinel team to instill and support a culture of work and a working environment that are healthy and safe for all people in, around and associated with, the Company’s premises and activities.
- Ensuring safe systems of work are followed, including the use of PPE, adherence to company and statutory procedures and training and competence assessment for all personnel.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org