How it works
WellSentinel™ works by gathering and physically detecting leaking gas and/or fluid material in the subsea environment.
A specialised gathering system directs any escaped material onto our proprietary trigger mechanism housed within the system.
Detection of this material begins the alert sequence, mechanically degrading the triggers.
The system’s trigger mechanism can be configured to react with a range of materials.
- Gas – gas triggers are set to react to typical natural gas (C1 – C5)
- Oil – oil triggers are set to respond to liquid hydrocarbons
- Tracer – tracer triggers are configured to react to our tracer fluid (SWIFT), which is sealed in the in-well
- CO2 – CO2 triggers are set to respond to CO2 when wells are repurposed or at carbon capture sites
- Mixed – multiple different trigger types can be installed in the same system, permitting detection of various materials
- Custom – Sentinel Subsea can custom engineer triggers to meet the needs of any application